Friday, May 4, 2018

St. Ephraim healing a woman with lung cancer

Christ is risen! Truly He is risen!
St. Ephraim of Neak Makri healing the sick (source)
  
As was related by S. K., an inhabitant of Kalamata in 2008:
"I was feeling like I had a cold, but I didn't go to the doctor.

Because my situation became dangerous, however, instead of getting better, I decided ultimately to go. When I went, I had great shortness of breath, and he decided to do a CAT scan of the lungs. When he read it, he said that there was a serious problem, and from that instant began the drama.

He sent it to the hospital "Sotiria", where they did bronchoscopy and because they diagnosed advanced lung cancer, they immediately began chemotherapy, because they only gave me 20 days to live. We were going crazy at that time, but due to good chance, my husband took me immediately to the Monastery of St. Ephraim in Nea Makri, where we venerated with faith and reverence the saint's holy body, and entreated Panagia and the Saint to make me well, because I also had a disabled daughter who needed me.

That evening, we returned to our home, and the next morning I had terrible shortness of breath and unbearable pain in my chest which reached my side. I want to the bathroom, without waking my husband, and I was leaning on the toilet because I was hurting so much. My eyes fell on the holy water from the Monastery of St. Ephraim. With difficulty I did my cross and drank some. Immediately, I began to groan and cough and out from my mouth came something like liver with blood around it. Immediately my shortness of breath and pain disappeared and I breathed with relief. I thought with joy that the grace of the Saint removed the cancer, and again drank the holy water and did my cross. When I did another CAT scan, my doctor confirmed that, O the wonder! the cancer had indeed disappeared.

From then on, I do the occasional tests which my doctors order and they all come back clean. Because of this, I glorify Panagia and St. Ephraim, who so speedily granted me my health.

Out of thanksgiving, my husband built a small chapel to St. Ephraim in N. Messenias.

O Saint of God Ephraim, we entreat you to intercede on behalf of all those who call upon your help. Amen!
(source)
  
Christ is risen from the dead, by death, trampling down upon death, and to those in the tombs, He has granted life!
Truly the Lord is risen!

No comments: